One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Second day of class

So, today was better. At least, I feel more confident!
It'll help, I think, if I don't look at other people's stuff.
That's what a friend at work suggested, at any rate.
He said, in fact, "Don't focus on other people. Just give them compliments. But it's not a competition."
He said to remain focused on the work, and it'd get better, and that by the end of class, I'd see.
Then he added, "You can make nice, pretty pictures if you want them to sell at Wal-Mart. Or you can express yourself if you want to stand out."
"Art isn't all about a pretty picture."
He is a genius, my own personal sage.
Now I really feel like no matter what I do, it's going to be OK.
I love the sense of freedom it gives me!
Even if the airplane outline I did tonight is not the best ever, it IS the best I could do.
It's a nice reminder that as long as I'm doing the best I can in everything I try, that's great. Sometimes, my best will be better than what someone else has done. Sometimes, my best won't be as good as someone else's best.
The victory is in the personal best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home