One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Fictional characters I'd like to meet

Joe Pike: Robert Crais character. He's a veteran who works with Elvis Cole. He's quasi-antisocial, but has a keen understanding of right vs. wrong vs. the ends justify the means. Like, it might freak me out to actually meet him, cause he's probably pretty intense. On the other hand, I think he'd be really good at giving people some perspective on what's really important. Also, the tats on his shoulders would encourage people to remember to keep moving forward.
Fletch: Gregory McDonald character. NOT the Chevy Chase creation, though that's funny. The novels are darker and more layered. The impression I always got is that IM Fletcher is a hard worker, curious and patient. Bright and sometimes compassionate. I'd like to get his opinion on the Internet age. Where's the place of the investigative reporter in a time when information and news stream 25 hours a day? I think he'd still be a supporter of the printed word. Some stories just don't translate to video.
More to come ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home