One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Crafts, crafts and more crafts

So, I spent part of my Saturday rearranging my little crafts area. It's hard to find room for creating and for the materials to create in a one-bedroom apartment filled with two people, two cats, too many books, and lots of various doodads and whatnots.
But Dave is patient and tolerant of my stuff being strewn all this way and that, so it all works out for the best.
I even try Googling the best ways to set up a sewing area, and get jealous when I see all these people whose rooms -- yes, ROOMS -- have plenty of storage space and abundant ambient light!
The little desk lamp I bought for my table is plenty bright, but TOO bright. If I glance at it accidentally, I get spots! The problem, I think, is that the lampshade is too clear. It's translucent rather than opaque, and it just doesn't shade enough from the 40-WATT BULB! So I stuck a piece of paper over the lampshade to help with the shading and moved the lamp to the other side side of the sewing machine to try to keep from blinding myself.
And then there's the storage. I'm a sucker for bright fabrics. So remnants, quarter panels (or whatever they're called), regular ol' material on the bolt ... whatever it is, if I like it, I'll tote it home, even if I don't have plans for it. So now I have buckets of fabrics that don't match and that I don't know how to use. I finally hit on the idea of keeping a photo album showing tiny squares of the fabrics I've used. That way, I don't feel like I have to keep the whole piece and I can actually use it!
Such is my addiction to this new hobby that whenever I say I went to JoAnn's, Dave just automatically asks, "So, what did you buy this time?"

I just wish I had more ideas for projects for the quarter panels!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home