One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Weird-ass KISS dream

In this dream, my mom, dad and I are going to Maine with my Uncle Henry so he can visit some people he went to college with. When we get there, it turns out that they're the parents of the original KISS members, who are living together in a small apartment a la "The Monkees."
So, my mom, dad and Uncle Henry go to visit with my uncle's friends, leaving me in KISS' apartment.
The apartment is in a converted Victorian house, maybe on the second floor.
There are plants hung '70s style in macrame baskets all over the room.
One wall of their living room is book shelves top to bottom, and there's an entertainment center with a huge TV right in the center. There's a couch right in front of the shelves facing the TV.
The wall to the right has two windows that lead out to the fire escape, a huge iron staircase and "balcony" that overlooks the parking lot and a back alley. The dining table is on the back wall under another two windows.
And on the wall to the left, the wall with the front door, is a bar.
Whereas the wall with the TV has shelves full of books, this wall is top to bottom BOOZE.
This looks like the wet bar that Dudley Moore's character in "Foul Play" would have had, down to a mirror behind the liquor shelves.
It's Bacchus' downfall.
I'm sitting on one end of the couch watching TV when in walk KISS.
Two of them head behind the bar to mix drinks, one sits on a bar stool and starts playing with a caged bird at the end of the bar, and Gene Simmons (OF COURSE I recognize Gene Simmons) comes and sits at the other end of the couch to portion out marijuana into baggies to sell.
He scowls at me when I try to talk to him, so I just sit back to watch TV.
Eventually, he just sort of grunts and tosses a joint to me.
I thank him, and he just grunts again.
I light it up and get two good lungfuls when half the pot falls out of the rolling paper onto my shirt.
From out of nowhere, a kitten hops on my lap, eats some of the pot and IMMEDIATELY just takes off rocketing around the apartment. Were this a cartoon, you'd see clouds of dust kicked up as the speedy cat blurred itself into oblivion.
For some reason, this INFURIATES Gene Simmons, who stands up and starts bitching about why did I do that and how did I let that happen.
I stand up, too, noticing that he's much shorter than I thought, and as the cat starts weaving figure 8s around our legs, I'm struck by the realization that the cats was ALL OVER the pot.
And that seems curious.
I point at Gene.
"YOU'RE CUTTING THE POT WITH CATNIP!"
He stamps his feet, frightening the cat.
"NO, I'M NOT!"
"You ARE! You MUST BE! There's no reason the cat would have done that ..."
His roommates are enjoying the show as Gene just gets madder and madder.
Finally, he gives up, and reminds his roommates, "We gotta go find my sister."
Turns out, his younger sister (played in this dream by my friend Meredith) had run away and he and KISS have to go find her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home