One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"I Want to Be a Hilton" 2

Niki Pais, a woman from Riverside, was supposed to be on the show, so I watched it to see her and because I'm ending up doing an article on her (Tangent 1: If I can get ahold of her, that is. The NBC PR woman handling this isn't returning any effing calls or e-mails. It's really disheartening. Part of me wanted little Niki to get kicked off in the first week so I wouldn't have to bother. Tangent 2: This Niki's biography says that she's a synchronized swimmer, and a Nicole Pais was part of a Sealy mattress commercial in which synchronized swimmers are shown "swimming" in their sleep. I wonder if it's the same Nicole!).
Anyway, the Riverside chick was hardly on it at all! She was such a non-entity, I don't think they even introduced her!
I realize it's all in the editing and that the first episode focused on the two guys sent out to get the gifts for Kathy Hilton more than anyone else, but maybe Niki figures that by staying out of stage center and by keeping her nose clean, she actually stands a better chance of winning than, say, the loud bossy woman or the former beauty pageant winner.
Plus they had a really distracting narrator; I hope they get rid of him.
But mostly, it's interesting to see people who were raised, one has to think, pretty much like I was acting like they'd never heard of escargot or eaten seafood. I mean, c'mon, how sophisticated do you really have to be to go to Red Lobster?
Lessons for high-class wannabes:
Don't bring $100 worth of chocolate as a hostess gift and don't have the clerk hand-write "To Kathy Hilton" on it in black magic marker.
Don't bust out into song in front of your hostess.
Don't boss around people who can tell on you.
Even if you don't want to eat the snail, don't diss a meal being served to you.
Don't eat appetizers directly from the serving plate with your fingers.
Don't get drunk right before you meet Kathy Hilton. (That one seems really important.)

It will be interesting to see what lessons next week's show teaches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home