One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

VW love?

What is it about the love VW Bug owners have for their little cars?
The feeling that they're part of an exclusive club?
My friend Lille has a new silver VW Bug. Any time she spots another Bug, she and the other driver spot each other, then wave and smile.
And the feeling seems intensified when the Bug is the same color.
Lille loves her little car so much she wrote an entry about it on Hickypox: A Hex on Your Neck, her blog. (hickypox.blogspot.com/2005/01/my-new-car.html)
I don't understand it.
When I see other owners of white Ford Contours, and there are a lot of white Ford Contours in the world, maybe I look and them and think, "Hey, look there goes another lower-middle-class income person who lacks imagination."
But I don't wave at them, or smile.
If they're too much like me, it will make them paranoid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home