One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Why I'm excited!

I've suddenly become obsessed with my old photos.
I have decades of my life on fragile, unstable negatives, negatives that will eventually degrade into uselessness.
My memories won't fade, I hope, but the photos eventually will.
So I became obsessed, trying to track down anything that could help me save these pictures digitally.
Surely there were companies that would scan in my film using high-quality scanners and give me high-quality digital images. But they would probably be prohibitively expensive.
The next best option was to find a scanner for negatives. But the flatbed scanners with a film adapter seemed flimsy ... and the big, impressive negative scanners were, well, prohibitively expensive.
I decided to ask my photographer friend Kyle what he thought was the best option.
Turns out that Kyle HAS A NEGATIVE SCANNER.
And HE LET ME BORROW IT!
So I'm scanning in pics from a 1992 trip to the Virgin Islands, a 1991 trip to England, college, high school ... I have yet to find negatives from junior high, but I have yet to go through every box I have!

La-la-la. Life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home