One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Friday, May 20, 2005

Weird dream

Last night, my dream was that I was living with Lille and Mer in this cabin in the Midwest, specifically in this lot where the Dairy Queen is in my hometown of Bonner Springs, Kan., meaning that it's right near this huge grocery store parking lot that's at about a 30 degree angle.
Well, anyway, I dreamed that Paul, our new music reporter, came over with a random dark-haired friend of his (this guy resembled a young George Clooney, but his eyebrows were tamed and his voice was different) and Lille and I were going to go somewhere with them.
I start looking for my bag, but can't find it, so I start looking outside.
When I find it, I immediately take out my camera and try to take pictures of Paul, Lille and Paul's friend. So Paul's friend takes out HIS camera and starts taking pictures of me. We're dueling photographically when my camera stops working.
This, of course, causes me a tremendous amount of pain. I spend TONS of time trying to figure out what was wrong with it, finally just giving up.
Of course, just as I give up, a troupe of snowboarders descends on the grocery store parking lot (which was covered with a smooth sheet of ice) and starts "iceboarding" on half of it. Then giggling groups of Japanese schoolgirls start playing on the other half, slipping and sliding around like giraffes on new legs.
I try to take pictures, but it's frustrating because my camera doesn't work.
Then, Mer, Kyle and Mel are out there looking at a tricked-out rental car Mer has. It's a completely hooptied Mercedes, lowered with spinner hubcaps.
I try to find Paul, Lille and Paul's friend, but they've left without me.
Then, I'm in a huge park, where Dave's folks live, and when I get to the three-story house they're renovating, they take me up to this third floor bedroom that is set to be mine, but it's completely in ruin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home