One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Ain't nothin' goin' on but the rent

I'm not really doing anything, just trying to avoid editing pictures I took in Las Vegas last weekend and watching "The Big Lebowski."
I'm pretty lazy but only when it has to do with my personal life.
Jeff Bridges is such an incredibly underrated actor. In fact, he may be one of the most underrated actors of our time. What other actor could could play characters as varied as "The Dude" Lebowski, Starman and "Wild Bill" Hickok in one career?
And "Starman" was such an underrated movie. John Carpenter's only Oscar-nominated film. Not that all of his are stellar, but a good horror film has got to count for something.
Minute for minute, "The Fog" is an awesomely thrilling horror movie.
I can't believe they're remaking it. Is nothing safe from the scourge of remakes?
"Revenge of the Nerds" isn't. It's being remade, but will probably get remade into a bland little PG-13 P.O.S., lacking scenes where they break into the sorority house to plant cameras to catch a sight of "hair pie," or adding a back story for the football coach to explain his asshole-osity, something about how when he was growing up, his father ignored him.
I'm not claiming "Revenge of the Nerds" is a great American film, but dammit, it sure is funny.
PC is the death of comedy.
Like, "Porky's" probably wouldn't get made today. Not only is there too much winky for an American movie (even though it's Canadian, I believe), it's also pretty irreverent.
In fact, the only thing out today that stacks up is "Arrested Development." And it's on the verge of cancellation.
Holy crap, I think the actor who plays the youngest son on that plays the giggling dude in Maude's studio in "The Big Lebowski."
I'm gonna go check that out.
...
Nope, it's not listed on imdb and googling "Tony Hale" and "Big Lebowski" doesn't help.
Poop!

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home