One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Why I love photography


I love capturing images I don't think others would see. This was taken in our apartment complex in the fall of 2004. People probably drove by it hundreds of times and never noticed it. I walked by it once with a camera and had to capture it.

I love when photos I take refect people's personalities. My parents have been married for 35 years, and they have so much fun with each other, I've always imagined many couples are jealous of them.


The promise of youth.

Photography makes me want to embrace the world in such a different way. I feel like I experience things more intimately, like I'm being forced to examine the things around me more carefully.
When I carry a camera, I feel like a part of my brain directly connected to my eyes turns on, and I'm seeing things more clearly.
My interactions blur the line between myself and the world.
And my photographs are the only evidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home