One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Trivial matters



Yes, that's me at the No. 1 slot.
Am I thrilled about that?
You bet.
When I'm at a bar, I don't have much to work with.
I don't much like hanging out with a lot of people at once (it can be difficult to deal with so many different personalities), I don't much like meeting new people (it takes too much energy - and once you get to know them, it turns out more often than not that the time was just wasted), I'm never the best pool player in the bar (even for a girl) and people don't really flock to me (which, as you may have gathered, suits me just fine much of the time).
So I was thrilled when this bar my friends and I frequented months ago subscribed to a national networked trivia game.
After all, for years, I've excelled at quiz games: Trivial Pursuit, quiz bowl (where high school teams compete at other schools) or the odd "Jeopardy!" round.
So this fits in perfectly with who I really am: A relatively brainy person who really wants nothing more than to sit around, not talking to anyone and just delighting in what I can dredge up from the recesses of my mind.
Finally, I can be the anti-social person I am at heart without actually seeming anti-social.
It's a salvation of sorts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home