One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Press site fun

For the last month or so, I've been having trouble logging on to a certain TV network's press site, so today, I finally sent them a note saying, "Please fix my account, so that I can continue to run photos with articles about your great programming in my paper."
The person who received it sends me back an e-mail saying what my username and password are (things I already knew) and that my account is now cleared for my use.
So I log on to the Web site to search for pictures ... only to discover that while I can log on to the Web site, I'm not cleared to access any pictures on the site.
Now, what do you suppose the folks thought I wanted to do on their press site, if not access photos?
I'm sure the presidents of their network and their parent company and their parent company's parent companies are great guys, but I don't care about what they had to say at some conference on sweeps.
I bet the "Ray's My Pal" show is doing great in the ratings, but I don't need access to its market share.
And while I'm sure it would be interesting to read how they justify leaving Robbo on "Refugee: The Balkans" even after news of his drug arrest got out, that's not what I need.
The geniuses behind this press site kept me from exactly what I needed to give their programs publicity.
This experience, of course, stands in stark contrast to the experience I had with this network's competition.
When I had trouble with them, three different PR representatives worked with me on e-mail over a couple hours to speed my application through and give me access to their press site as soon as possible.
This network's offerings may not be that hot since "Buddies" went off the air last season ... but at one paper in Southern California, you can read your fill of stories about its shows "Jimmy," "The Helper" and "Saturday Evening Not-on-Tape."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home