One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Rain, rain, rain

I LOVE the rain.
Living in Southern California, I don't often get to indulge my precipitation ya-yas, but it's been raining a lot this year.
There's something about the sound, nature's white noise.
There's something about the feel, big bloppy drops plopping a moist mosaic on my skin, or sharp precise pencil points of the cold water.
And the smell! The world smells fresh, reborn, after a good rain. My apartment complex is surrounded by trees, a novelty in SoCal (not in the Midwest, my home!), and the rain uncovers scents I thought I'd forgotten.
There's novelty to watching the rain create ripple after overlapping ripple in puddles.
I even love driving in the rain (a dangerous activity out here -- see my post from awhile back about crazy drivers). When I'm in my car, the rain seems to seal me in. I'm in a bubble!
What I love best, though?
It's an excuse to stay inside, pet my cats and read a book.
It's supposed to rain the rest of this week.
At this rate, my soul should be years lighter by the end of the month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home