One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Argh! roars my restless muse

I have so much I want to do with my life, I can't focus on ANY of it!
My life's path is not yet paved, so I keep exploring new avenues.
I want to write. My dad says, "If you want to be a writer, then write!" But finishing a novel and asking the public to read it? Am I really ready to open myself to that scrutiny? I'm too fragile yet.
I want to be an artist. OK, part of what's stopping me here is that I'm not really talented. Images will flash themselves on the screen in my brain and I want to create them, but I lack the training to post them. Also, hasn't everything already been done?
I want to be a photographer. In my family, I'm the designated photographer, which means that my candid shots (taken with a legitimate 35mm SLR camera, a nice one) get a great reaction, and that I have wonderful pictures that really show my relatives' personalities (my personal favorite is the picture of my parents, my dad sticking his tongue out at my mom with mischief, practically licking her cheek, and she's laughing, mouth open wide, eyes sparkling -- I should post it on this site, in fact). But there are so many photographers in the world, I don't even begin to imagine that I can compete.
I want to be a standup comedian. I make people I hang out with at work and in bars and, y'know, AROUND laugh, and that's great. But maybe I'm not funny! (Don't judge me by my posts! I actually do have a discernable sense of humor. Also, I'm in a particularly contemplative mood right now.)
I want to be a musician. I want to be a director, a screenwriter, an actress ...
My muse must have attention deficit disorder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home