One Stop Weird Shoppe

I opened my brain, and look what fell out

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Insecurities


Welcome to my insecurities.
I know I need to lose weight. The fact that several pairs of pants have suddenly stopped fitting gives away the fact that my body isn't processing food the way it did when I was younger - and that all the pounds people have lost on miracle diets have found a new home in my belly.
And it's not that I'm less active than I used to be. If anything, I'm MORE active. My body just seems to act as a Statue of Liberty for weight seeking refuge: Give me your lost inches, your pounds, your cellulited masses yearning to pad me ...
Despite my best attempts at watching what I eat, my lack of willpower does me in.
So far, the fact that I have a big ribcage has worked in my favor: It makes it seem I'm still somewhat in proportion.
But when I walk, there are moons circling my thighs, their gravitational pull luring the flab there into waves that roll as I stride.
So I'm trying to be better: More salads, fewer fries. More fresh veggies, fewer cookies. More homemade meals, less fast food. More WATER! More EXERCISE! (All of which will help on the 5Ks I'm trying to do!)
I stayed on South Beach for three weeks last year, but one stressful week and BAM! Hello, comfort food!
But it's new leaf time.
I'm happier at work than I've been in at least a week, I'm having lots of fun with this and my flickr account, things are going well.
The timing couldn't be better!
Pesky pounds, get ready for a mass exodus from the Republic of Kate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home